Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Vintage Flowers

 I decided to try my hand at a pretty vintage pattern that caught my eye, and it was a moderate success. I even managed to dust off some pinks and put them to use!
 I began with a base of Nicole by OPI Others Pale by Kim-parison. Next, I drew in the border using a thin brush and Sephora by OPI Neutral Beauty, a light honey brown. I followed that by doting along the lines with Sephora by OPI Happy Earth Day, a dark brown. I thought about making the pattern a standard size, but decided to just fit it to each nail separately. That way, it doesn't get randomly cut at strange points.
 I started the flowers by using Seche Delicate, a soft pink, to make four dots clustered together on each nail. I then added the darker petal details with a thin brush and OPI Dark Red, followed by a few touches of China Glaze White on White.

The leaves were made using Sinful Colors Garden Party with highlights of Color Club Twiggie. I was in a bit of a hurry so I rushed the leaves, but it really didn't turn out too badly! I do rather like how the colors look together.

Colors Used:
Nicole by OPI Others Pale by Kim-parison
Sephora by OPI Neutral Beauty
Sephora by OPI Happy Earth Day
Seche Delicate
OPI Dark Red
China Glaze White on White
Sinful Colors Garden Party
Color Club Twiggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...