Thursday, January 2, 2014

Frozen

 Finally catching up again! I was challenged to do nails inspired by Frozen, so I decided to try to replicate the swirling magical snow effect. I do like the end result!
 To begin, I started with two coats of China Glaze Eyes Like Sapphires. I love the deep not-quite-metallic blue, and for bonus points it has a subtle dusting of silver glitter. The snow on the ground was done by first painting a layer of Sinful Colors Lavander, then adding a touch of Essie Bikini So Teeny. I then used a toothpick to define random swirls on each nail using more Essie Bikini So Teeny and a touch of NYC Pinstripe White.
 I used parts of a design from Bundle Monster 323 for the snowflakes. On the large snowflake on my ring nail, I also embellished with a few more tiny dots of white on the points and around the middle, just to make it pop a little more. As a final touch, I added a thin coat of Sally Hansen Glass Slipper, which is a clear flakey polish, to the snow banks on each nail.
Colors Used:
China Glaze Eyes Like Sapphires
Sinful Colors Lavander
Essie Bikini So Teeny 
NYC Pinstripe White
Sally Hansen Glass Slipper
BM-323

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...