Friday, October 4, 2013

Triple Textures!

 This is a bit of a two-in-one post, because I decided to do a different experiment on each hand! Heh, days off when no one has to see your lack of coordination are good for experimentation.
 My idea here was to pair three different textures. It actually ended up looking better than I had anticipated! I suppose I was fearing a total train wreck, so success is always nice. I started out with a base of SpaRitual Undercurrent, which I then let dry completely. I marked off a triangle at the base of each nail, and a chevron at each tip.
I then added another coat of Undercurrent to the middle section of each nail, followed by dumping a generous amount of flocking powder. I then waited for that to dry. Next, I applied a fresh coat of Undercurrent to the base of each nail and pressed each nail into mixed magenta and teal-blue caviar beads. I was so glad that the beads behaved and didn't get trapped in the velvet section. The final touch was adding textured polish to my tips. I used Icing Tini Bikini, a magenta textured polish with blue glitter, and Zoya  Liberty, which is of course the most amazing blue .

 For my right hand, I wanted to mess around with a different sort of texture.
 I still used a base of SpaRitual Undercurrent for this hand. On my middle and ring fingers, I applied a second coat before sprinkling on a liberal amount of light blue 'Stampendous' glass glitter I found in the embossing/stamping section of Joann's. I  really love how this looks. I originally grabbed it with the intention of doing hand-placed glitters for a shattered look, but as it is it looks like a really cool crystal formation.
 I then brushed on Julie G Blueberry Fizz to add texture to my thumb, index, and ring fingers. I really like how this turned out!

Colors Used:
SpaRitual Undercurrent
Icing Tini Bikini
Zoya  Liberty
Julie G Blueberry Fizz 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...