Thursday, February 7, 2013

Nails of Fail

I tried to do nails based on a pair of scrubs I like. Started on them a bit late at night, but all was going well. They were taking forever to dry, though. At first I thought maybe it was the thicker white creme polish I used for the base, but now I'm suspicious that it's a problem with the Sally Hansen HD line. I've had issues with three of them now where hours later and under a top coat they can still get bunged up. I had thought these were dry enough before going to bed, but overnight my thumb nail just got completely wonked up. Heh! Oh well, it was a good try at least. I will totally attempt this again later down the road!
Colors Used:
Spoiled Correction Tape
Sally Hansen HD Lite
Pink Shany Nail Art (applied with dotting tool)
Spoiled Don't Be Cheesy
Wet n Wild FastDry Sage in the City
Pure Ice Iced Copper

I really need to practice with hearts a bit more. I end up liking my designs more when I don't plan anything and just go with the flow lately! Tried a different polish from that HD line and it too wanted to misbehave. Just this afternoon I picked up an actual proper base coat rather than just a nail strengthener, so I'll see if that helps when I use these polishes in the future.
Colors Used:
Sally Hansen HD Cyber
ColorMates Spring Fling
Shany Nail Art Dark Purple
Shany Nail Art Pink
Spoiled I Miss You (just a few dots of glitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...