Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Candy Canes

 Candy cane stripes! This was a fun abuse of striping tape. I was rushing it a little bit, but I think it still came out okay.
 I began with two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White and allowed that to dry completely. Then, I applied strips of striping tape for the design. For the red I used Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar, which is still one of my favorite red polishes. For the green I used Sinful Colors Pine Away. It's such a perfect Christmas green!
  I started out coloring the red sections with the bottle brush and using a narrower brush for the thin green stripes, but that ended up looking inconsistent. I actually had better success wiping the green bottle brush in the bottle neck to narrow it, then using that narrower profile to paint in the thin stripe.
Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
 Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar
 Sinful Colors Pine Away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...