Monday, December 2, 2013

Water Spots and Holos


 My first attempt at water spotting! I'm going to have to try this again, it was a lot of fun. Then again, I like water marbling, and this isn't much different. I want to try some black over bright colors sometime, but this week I was in the mood for playing with some holographic polish. Now I just have to avoid hypnotizing myself and spending all day watching my nails sparkle with rainbows!

 The base color is Zoya Dream. I love this polish. I just picked it up at the store last week, and I couldn't wait to see what it was like. It's a beautiful blue jelly with many scattered holographic flecks. I decided to pair it with a linear holo, Color Club Over The Moon. However, I couldn't bear to cover all of the original Dream, so I left my index and ring nail alone.
 Holographic polish seems to work just fine and dandy for water spotting. It's an interesting effect! However, I felt it was still lacking a little something. I added half moons in black using Wet n wild Black Lace Creme, then traced the border in a silver KISS nail art striper and added a little gem.
 And lastly, some photos with flash, to get some of that shiny shiny holographic effect!

 Colors Used:
Zoya Dream
 Color Club Over The Moon
 Wet n wild Black Lace Creme
KISS Nail Art Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...