Monday, December 16, 2013

Caroling Bells

I know many people complain about Christmas music everywhere this time of the year, but I absolutely love it.  It never fails to raise my spirits. My original inspiration for these nails came from starting out listening to Carol of the Bells, followed by Christmas Bells. Obviously, my playlist shuffle dictated that bells needed to involved somewhere!

 To begin, I used two coats of Revlon Calla Lily, which is a sheer white with a gold shimmer. I knew I didn't want the extreme contrast a pure white base would bring, and it's been a while since I've played with closer to nude nail color. Once that had set, I stamped on a musical note pattern from Pueen, plate 47, using Wet n Wild Black Creme. The musical bars on this gave me a little trouble, as they didn't want to pick up and transfer as easily as some. To be fair, they are REALLY THIN lines.
 Next, I freehanded my tips in China Glaze Just Be-Claws and Sinful Colors Pine Away. I refined the edge with a KISS white nail art striper. I then added holly leaves in Revlon Emerald City. The bells were done using CQ Honey for the base color, Revlon Espresso for the details and shading, more of the KISS striper for the highlights, and OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke for the golden shimmer.
Colors Used:
Revlon Calla Lily
Wet n Wild Black Creme
 China Glaze Just Be-Claws
Sinful Colors Pine Away
KISS Nail Art White
 Revlon Emerald City
 CQ Honey
 Revlon Espresso
OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...