Thursday, December 12, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

 Decorated gingerbread houses are so cute! One of these days I'm going to break down and buy a kit to make one. It's just one of those things I never did growing up, but I figure I have to at least give it one try. Anywho! That of course doesn't stop me from decorating nails!
 I debated between going for a dark brown or a taupe base for the gingerbread itself. I decided on darker brown for added contrast, and I'm glad I did. I used a base color of Sephora by OPI Dating the Drummer. Next, I dotted in the rooftops with NYC Pinstripe White, then used smaller tools to add little details to each house. I decided to do a variety of different designs, rather than one uniform design.
 I then used China Glaze Just Be-Claws, JulieG Under Mistletoe, and OPI Oy - Another Polish Joke for additional details. It makes for an interesting effect, since some of the color doesn't pop out fully until light hits it.
Colors Used:
Sephora by OPI Dating the Drummer
 NYC Pinstripe White
 China Glaze Just Be-Claws
 JulieG Under Mistletoe
 OPI Oy - Another Polish Joke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...