Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Cornucopia

 Thanksgiving cornucopia! I debated just doing leaves for my holiday nails, but then decided that a cornucopia seemed a tad more festive.
I started with a base of one coat of Essie Spinning Again, which is a lovely burnt umber color. I then covered that in one coat of OPI A Woman's Prague-ative, which is one of my favorite polishes. It's just such a complex orange! Next, I used Sally Hansen Forbidden Fudge and a sponge to create a gradient on each nail.
 I then used a small brush and Revlon Espresso to create the shape of the cornucopia on my nail. I like starting from the darker color when painting detailed figures.  I used quite a few polishes when painting the fruits and vegetables: ORLY Red Flare, OPI Call Me Gwen-ever, Sinful Colors Anchors Away, SpaRitual Enlightened Soul, Sally Hansen Stocking Nude, and Pure Ice Free Spirit.
 I then used a thin metal tool to add thin lines of OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke! to each nail. Various different leaf shapes were painted on using some of the same polishes used in the cornucopia. I took photos before and after adding topcoat, to demonstrate how the polishes blend a little and some of the brush stroke effect disappears.
 Colors Used:
Essie Spinning Again
OPI A Woman's Prague-ative
Sally Hansen Forbidden Fudge
Revlon Espresso
ORLY Red Flare
OPI Call Me Gwen-ever
Sinful Colors Anchors Away
SpaRitual Enlightened Soul
Sally Hansen Stocking Nude
Pure Ice Free Spirit
OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...