Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Rainbow Waves

I really have started to enjoy messing around with nail foil. I've gotten better at working out the wrinkles, and now I think I've even found a combo that works so that the top coat doesn't wrinkle or cloud the shiny design.
 I just received a whole variety of awesome nail foil from Dollar Nail Art, and I really couldn't wait to use it! As soon as I opened the box, I started prepping for these nails.
 I decided to start first with this lovely bright silver holographic "wave" design. It proved frustratingly hard to capture the bright holographic flair in my lightbox, but keep scrolling for some bright colors at the end of this post!
Next, I decided to stamp a boxy design from Bundle Monster plate 322 using Wet n Wild Black Creme. I like that it breaks up the silver while still letting plenty of the holographic goodness show through. To compliment that design, I added matte black diamond glitter (also from Dollar Nail Art) to my thumb, middle, and pinkie nails.

Click to see photos taken outside!



 I love how this looks in the sunlight! The lines seem to shift back and forth while shimmering in all different colors, and even in the sun my camera had trouble capturing the color!




 To make certain I still got the bright effects while being able to add a top coat, I used a water-based clear gloss and gave it a very long time to dry, then used a new bottle of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri as a top coat over that in hopes it wouldn't pull as much.
 Colors Used:
Silver Holo Foil
Wet n Wild Black Creme
BM-322

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...