Thursday, November 21, 2013

Enter the Animus

 I've been playing some Assassin's Creed 3 lately (yes, I'm a game behind), and I decided to try some nails to celebrate. Instead of focusing on the red-and-white theme, I decided to draw from the cooler-toned Animus sci-fi side of the game.
 I started with a base coat of China Glaze White on White on all nails. I let that dry pretty thoroughly. Next, I used a sponge to add on Sinful Colors Jolt, which is a bright blue. Toward the tip, I just used the bottle brush to add a thin coat. Immediately after that, I dragged a fan brush through the wet polish to reveal the white underneath and give the stripe effect.


 I then used a sponge and added bands of Sinful Colors Cool Grey to my remaining fingers. I placed small shards of awesome silver glass glitter along those bands. In the game, the computer simulation loading screens feature geometric mirrored shards in a grey/white expanse, so I was trying to replicate that.

Lastly, I used a small brush and China Glaze White on White/Sinful Colors Cool Gray to add the assassin logo to my index and pinky nails.
 Colors Used:
China Glaze White on White
Sinful Colors Jolt
Sinful Colors Cool Grey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...