Sunday, November 3, 2013

Shattered Gradient

I was in the mood for gradients, but wanted to add a Halloween twist! I'm really happy with these, probably my most successful foray into yellow nails!

 I started with a white base, just to save on layers and layers of yellow. Next, I painted on two coats of Color Club Almost Famous. Once that was dry, I grabbed a makeup sponge and created my gradient: Color Club Almost Famous, Sinful Colors Anchors Away, and Essie Fear or Desire. It took a few passes of the sponge on each nail to get the gradient as strong as I wanted.

 
 I then took small sections of masking tape and stuck them over the base of my nails, then proceeded to paint Sephora by OPI Blasted Black on my index, middle, and pinky nails. For my thumb and ring nails, I painted on a coat of Icing Shredded, which is a matte black flakie that I snagged on clearance and haven't seen anywhere since!

On my left hand, I toyed around with placing square green glitter as another accent. It's fun, but I prefer the contrast of the glitter-less version.
 Colors used:
Color Club Almost Famous
Sinful Colors Anchors Away
Essie Fear or Desire
  Sephora by OPI Blasted Black
Icing Shredded




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...