Saturday, November 23, 2013

Exploding TARDIS

 Woohoo, of course I had to do something for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary! I thought about just doing the TARDIS and all of the sonic screwdrivers, but then I was inspired by the Van Gogh 'Exploding TARDIS.' Kind of an odd choice for an anniversary design, I know, but it's at least Doctor Who themed! I'll probably come back to the sonic screwdriver idea later, because more Doctor Who nails are not a bad thing!
 
 I started with a base of Revlon Beguile, which is a dark shimmery navy blue. I wanted to add more depth than just painting over the top of a flat creme black or navy, and it does show a little! Once that was dry, I used a teeny brush and began painting the TARDIS. Lines were done in Wet n Wild Black Creme, and the TARDIS itself was painted in SpaRitual Undercurrent and Wet n Wild Listening to Blue Reed.
 For the fiery explosions, I used Color Club Almost Famous, with a touch of Milani Orange Graph. China Glaze White on White was used sparingly in the explosion, as well as for the TARDIS windows and light.

Colors Used:
Revlon Beguile
Wet n Wild Black Creme
SpaRitual Undercurrent
Wet n Wild Listening to Blue Reed
Color Club Almost Famous
Milani Orange Graph
China Glaze White on White

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! And I can't believe that you actually only used nail polish! I was for sure that you used acrylic paint!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...