Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Classy Stripes

I was in the mood to play with some striping tape and linear designs. After doing a full rainbow of nail colors, it was time to have fun with some white and gray!
 I sometimes get so excited about painting intricate pictures that I forget how pretty simple designs can look. I started out on my left hand with a single coat of China Glaze White on White, then added Sinful Colors Silver Belle. I wasn't sure how opaque Silver Belle would be. However, I skipped the white on my right hand and just layered up three coats of Silver Belle alone. I actually prefer it without the white underneath, but both are pretty!
 I then added three pieces of striping tape to each finger, then painted the top half of each nail with SpaRitual Basalt, a lovely dark gray. It only took two coats to get to a nice, bold look. I really like the effect of the glitter peeking out between the gray lines.
Colors Used:
China Glaze White on White
Sinful Colors Silver Belle
SpaRitual Basalt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...