Monday, November 4, 2013

Glitter Falls

 Almost caught up! I decided to go super sparkly for a bit, because glitter is awesome yet I never use it enough. I'll have to make more of an effort to grab glitter from now on! Rather than exploiting tons of glitter polish, I decided to play with loose glitter for these nails. I also toyed around with a variation of 'waterfall' nails, trying to do creme falls over glitter. I think it looks funky and fun!
I started with a base of OPI Metallic 4 Life, which is black polish jam packed with different sized silver glitter. Next, I grabbed loose craft glitter in bright green, and using a slightly damp watercolor brush I applied it to the bottom half of each nail. After cleaning the brush off, I repeated that step with bright orange glitter. I was so tempted to leave it at just that!

 For the waterfall effect, I used a small tapered brush, Wet n Wild Black Lace Creme, and Sinful Colors Snow Me White. The final effect dims the gold a bit, but it's rather neat to see it peeking out between the stripes.

 Colors Used:
OPI Metallic 4 Life
Craft store loose glitter (green and orange)
Wet n Wild Black Lace Creme
Sinful Colors Snow Me White


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...