Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 9: Rainbow Swirls

 Rainbow swirly crazy nails! I used a ridiculous number of polish colors for this design, but it was so fun! I was a little worried that the swirl pattern wouldn't work out, but in the end it's still apparent! On my right hand I just did one rainbow curled line, and loved the effect just as much!
 I started with a base of OPI Alpine Snow. For my left hand, I began with SpaRitual Shoot for the Stars (purple) and created a swirl at varied points on each nail. I used a toothpick at the center of the swirl, then increased the size of the dots using a dotting tool toward the edge of the nail. I then repeated that with the remaining fifteen colors (listed at bottom of post) until each nail was filled.
 For my right hand, I just followed the same rainbow pattern, but only in the one line. I like how nice and simple yet still fun it looks!

 Colors Used:
OPI Alpine Snow 
SpaRitual Shoot for the Stars (Warm purple)
ORLY Charged Up (Cool purple)
Ulta Whatever Floats Your Moat (Dark blue)
Finger Paints Inkblot Blue (Mid Blue)
Wet n Wild Teal Slowly and See (Light Blue)
Sinful Colors Sweet Nothing (Light Teal)
Sally Hansen New Wave Blue (Dark Teal)
Sinful Colors Strapped (Dark Green)
China Glaze Four Leaf Clover (Mid Green)
Color Club Twiggie (Light Green)
Sinful Colors High Strung (Yellow Green)
Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow (Yellow)
Spoiled Designated Driver (Macaroni Yellow)
Sinful Colors Anchors Away (Yellow Orange)
Essie Fear or Desire (Orange)
Wet n Wild Red Red (Red)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...