Saturday, January 12, 2013

Why am I so bad at introductions?

I've always been at a loss when it comes to introducing myself. I suppose it can be hard to sit back and try to sum up the whole lot of boring normality that is my life and still try to make it vaguely interesting. Well, here goes nothing! I'm 25 years old, and I currently work at a small animal veterinary clinic as a veterinary assistant. I'm going to school part time to try to finish up a degree in Animal Science, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with said degree once I finish.

Outside of a love of animals and general science, I do have a creative side. I probably could have gone to school for art, but I decided that I wanted to be able to keep that a hobby and keep it from becoming a necessary chore to survive. Because of that, I haven't practiced drawing seriously for quite a few years. I hope to get back into that soon; you may see a few doodles appear on this blog. I also enjoy making jewelry on occasion, and I have a large stash of wire-wrapped polished rock pendants now. Nothing too fancy, as I'm too much of an amateur to warrant spending big on sterling silver wire and all that shnazzy stuff. It's fun though, and that's all that matters to me!

I recently have gotten into the hobby of nail art. A month or so ago I decided to pick up some nail polish for the first time in nearly 15 years, and now I'm always painting something or other on my nails. I can't do fancy long nails due to how hands-on my job is (and frankly, long nails would probably drive me insane) but I figure I can make my shorter nails purty all the same. Nail art is probably going to be the predominant thing appearing on this blog for at least a good while.

Other than that, you'll probably get good and tired of seeing pictures of my cats or hearing tales of feline shenanigans. And if I don't post for a good long while, there is a good probability I've suddenly lost myself once more in Skyrim or whatever other game catches my fancy.

So that about sums it up for this first post. I'll get some older nail art pictures up soon - I figure I'll start at the beginning of my nail art journey for the sake of completeness (and totally not as a way to pad out this page, haha!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...