Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lord of the Rings!


I'm really rather proud of how these came out! I was in the mood to attempt a theme, so of course I had to do Lord of the Rings! I at least was able to see The Hobbit before these chipped too badly. These pictures were actually taken about four days after painting these, when I decided to add some glitter to simulate embers. I was impressed with how well the Milani polish held up on the tips!

On my ring finger I tried to do the runes for the One Ring. Originally I had them in only orange and yellow, but I decided they didn't show up strongly enough so the black was added. 

Thumb nails were of course the Two Towers, done using black, grey, red, and yellow acrylic paints. I added a slight bit of yellow and orange glitter to the Eye of Sauron and the area around Mt. Doom, and then used some green glitter in the trees around Isengard on my right thumb.

Tried to get a good detail picture in sunlight, but of course it had to be overcast. I really need to get a light box set up...

Colors Used: China Glaze Goin' My Way
Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine Glossy
Milani Signature Gold
Spoiled Ants in my Pants (Red Hex Glitter)
Spoiled Cougar Attack (Small Copper Glitter)
Various acrylic paints
Black KISS nail art pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...