Friday, January 18, 2013

Steampunk Nails


These were such fun to do! Sorry for the slightly blurry right hand picture, I may try to retake that. I experimented quite a bit with these. The base color is actually a mid-orange, which I then sponged over with browns to create an aged coppery gold look before adding the geared sections.Gears were done first in gray acrylic paint, then silver was added to make them really pop out.


 Thumb detail images!

Colors Used:
 Revlon Tangerine 
China Glaze Goin' My Way
Confetti Debutante
(Goin' My Way and Debutante were sponged on top of the Tangerine to make the base color)
Revlon Steel-her Heart 
L.A. Colors Silver
Sinful Colors Rise & Shine
Sally Hansen Golden-I  
(For some shimmer over the teal Rise & Shine)
Various Acrylic Paints

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...