Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day Madness


 I decided to go overboard on the shiny for Memorial Day! I had the idea for rows of hex glitter to begin with, but figured I'd probably blind everyone if I did full glitter on every nail. I had to take these images under the kitchen fluorescent light to get the red to show up red rather than pink, hah!

Started out with China Glaze White on White and let that dry for a bit. With the glitter nail, I laid out three piles of cheap craft store glitter. After applying some top coat, I started adding on each row, alternating red, blue, and silver.

Because that nail was so busy, I decided to keep the other nails more simple. Just a nice half moon with silver trim. The red polish is possibly my favorite red ever, Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar. The blue is Nicole by OPI Listen to Your Momager, which I love because it has just about the same amount of shimmer as Sugar Sugar and is such a perfect blue. I thought about doing stars and stripes, but I was afraid that too much would just look crazy.

On each thumb nail I placed a red star confetti from a craft store glitter pack, as well as a trail of hex glitter. After adding topcoat, the red color on the star started to bleed off a little.It's not too noticeable, at least! I thought about putting a star on every nail, but decided against it.


Colors Used:
China Glaze White on White
Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar
Nicole by OPI Listen to Your Momager!
KISS nail art Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...