Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunny Side Up

 A friend of mine requested I do nails based around her adorable puppy dog, so here they are at last! The dog's name is Sunny, so I knew I wanted to work some bright yellow in somehow! I started with Revlon Electric, then had some indecision when it came to what background color to use for the accent. I'm so glad I went with brown, because it works so well with this yellow. The brown I used was Sephora by OPI Dating the Drummer, and it is my new best friend. It's just this perfect brown tone, but with a secret blue and red shimmer!
 For Sunny herself, I used a combination of many light browns/creams. From dark to light: Wet n Wild Private Viewing, Nicole by OPI Kim Konfidential, Maybelline Canary Cool, and China Glaze White on White. I think Sunny turned out rather well! Even Lefty managed something that at least looks vaguely dog-like, heh.
I then used Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat Peach Fuzz in theory to liven things up, but in reality I used it because I just bought it today and couldn't wait to experiment. I couldn't get the orange component of Peach Fuzz to show up too well on these pictures, but I'll try to take some daylight photos in the morning. Edit: Morning pictures taken, replaced one of the top photos with the new one!

Once that was dry, I added in the brown pawprints to tie everything together.


Colors Used:
Revlon Electric
Sephora by OPI  Dating the Drummer
Wet n Wild Private Viewing
Nicole by OPI Kim Konfidential
Maybelline Canary Cool
China Glaze White on White
Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat Peach Fuzz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...