Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tiny Tie Dye

 Tie Dye nails! I thought about using a dotting tool and dragging polish around to do the tie dye effect, but I wanted a little more detail than that would allow. Therefore I just freehand painted everything after looking up some tie dye reference images.

For the spirals on my ring and thumb nails and the bursts on my middle nails I dipped a small brush in each polish and then painted as normal. For the index and pinky nails, I applied small dabs of polish to the nail, then used a larger brush dipped in acetone to spread the color about. Similar effect, but different technique!

 Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Nail Art Moonlight (Purple)
Shany Nail Art 18 (Blue)
Sinful Colors Nail Art Simple But Fun (Green)
Shany Nail Art 08 (Yellow)
Diamond Cosmetics Nail Art Tangerine (Orange)
Shany Nail Art 07 (Red)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...