Friday, May 17, 2013

Patterns and Paisley


 I'm not even sure what to properly call this. I finally used a stamping plate! I wanted to make something to match a fun paisley-splosion top I love, but I didn't have a stamping plate specifically for paisley and I wasn't about to stay up all night trying to hand paint paisley everywhere. I decided to use a BundleMonster plate, BM20, with a fun little scalloped design. I started with a white base coat, then painted patches of green, blue, and fuchsia. I then proceeded to stamp using black creme polish. Some sections didn't come out the cleanest, but I figured the lack of uniformity wasn't too bad. I then used a toothpick to fill in some sections of the design with contrasting colors, which broke up the 'sectiony' look a bit and brought everything together. I decided to do the tips black on a whim, and I like it!
 This is one of those designs that looks really good from a distance, but there are flaws close up. I think it still works, though!

And of course, fingers + inspiration shirt. Design isn't a match to the shirt's design, but I think the nails still look great with it! Definitely not my normal style, and I had way too much fun getting out of my comfort zone!

Colors Used:
China Glaze White on White
China Glaze Gaga for Green
Icing Purple Haze
Nicole by OPI I Sea You and Raise You
Wet n Wild Black Creme
China Glaze Aquadelic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...