Friday, May 31, 2013

Mixed Grays


I love occasionally checking out Icing's polish selection. This was a polish that caught my eye last time I was in the store.  Icing Choco Chip is a lovely polish! It's a warm light gray creme-jelly with black hex glitter  and black microglitter mixed in. It applied very easily. It is one that requires a few layers for full opacity, but it only took three thin layers to get this effect. It did take a little longer to dry, but not unreasonably long. I love that the glitter is thin enough that it doesn't create that textured feeling.
 After the base color was dry, I painted on dark gray inverse half-moons, the edged those in white nail art paint. I don't think it turned out all that bad for my first attempt at an inverse half moon, and it has a bit of a sophisticated look!

Swatch! Under certain lighting it almost looks slightly brown, which makes the name 'Choco Chip' fit a little better...

Colors Used:
Icing Choco Chip
Maybelline Impeccable Greys
KISS Nail Art White

Update!
I couldn't resist adding a stamp design and some nail art doodads.
Stamped on a flower design, then added a little nail crystal and silver microbead. Whee!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...