Thursday, September 26, 2013

Autumn Sparkle



 Still in a mood to celebrate the return of nice weather with some autumn colors! I realized it'd been a while since I'd done a fun color blocking design, and I really need to use glitter more often, so why not combine both?
 I started out with ORLY Honeymoon In Style over a clear base coat. I like the effect of subtle glitter over natural nail color. It's not enough to overwhelm everything else, but works well for an extra POW when the light hits it.
 Next, I taped off sections of my tips with some striping tape. I painted the top edge of each nail with one of my favorite polishes, ORLY Rock the World. I love how complex it is - it's this coppery shimmery color with almost mauve/purple undertones. The other color block was done in OPI A Woman's Prague-ative, which certainly pops out and shines more than these pictures show. I removed the striping tape, then accented between the two colors using a line of Sinful Colors Nail Art Pot O Gold.  Lastly,  I dabbed on some e.l.f. Blushing Bombshell, which is orange/coppper mixed hex and micro glitter.
 Colors Used:
ORLY Honeymoon In Style
 ORLY Rock the World
  OPI A Woman's Prague-ative
 Sinful Colors Nail Art Pot O Gold
e.l.f. Blushing Bombshell



And on the sad news side of things, I managed to break my thumb nail pretty drastically! Fortunately it didn't rip any soft tissue, and it gave me an excuse to purchase some nail glue and try some nail repair! It fixed pretty well, but it is very short now... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...