Saturday, September 21, 2013

Magic: The Gathering

 I have a confession to make. I am a wee bit of a nerd, and while I don't play competitively or anything, I am a fan of the Magic: The Gathering card game. I had an idea for a while to do MTG nails, but I wasn't certain how I would go about them.  I decided to attempt the card backs, because I'm silly like that.
 It took me a bit to figure out how to approach the color of the card backs, since it's a pretty complex color and most of my browns are shimmers rather than flat color cremes. I started out with a base of OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle, then sponged on Sinful Colors Coffee and hints of Nicole by OPI Kim Konfidential. Rather than outlining the oval of lighter orange brown in the center, I sponged on a very light layer of Revlon Tangerine.

I then outlined each nail with a thin border of Milani Nail Art Black Sketch. Using a small dotting tool, I added tiny corner dots near each tip in OPI Call Me Gwen-ever.
 For the mana circles, I created the circle by using a hole punch and masking tape to give me a stencil. Starting at the thumb nail, I used ORLY Red Flare and OPI Call Me Gwen-ever for the red mana, Sinful Colors Exotic Green and NYC Flat Iron Green for the green mana, L'Oreal Créme Puffs and Sinful Colors Snow Me White for the white mana, Sinful Colors Jolt and Revlon Mysterious for the blue mana, and Sinful Colors Black on Black and Sinful Colors Cool Gray for the black mana.

Being nerdy can be fun!
 Colors Used:
OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle
 Sinful Colors Coffee
Nicole by OPI Kim Konfidential
 Revlon Tangerine
 Milani Nail Art Black Sketch
 OPI Call Me Gwen-ever
ORLY Red Flare
 Sinful Colors Exotic Green
 NYC Flat Iron Green
 L'Oreal Créme Puffs
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Sinful Colors Jolt
Revlon Mysterious
Sinful Colors Black on Black
Sinful Colors Cool Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...