Sunday, September 22, 2013

Colorful Kitties

 I work at a veterinary clinic, and when I first started doing nail art I had fun trying to make nails matching the patterns of my work scrubs. Since it really has been about a year since I started doing nail art, I wanted to revisit that idea again! I actually did do matching nails to this same top before, but this time I wanted to do a more literal interpretation of the kitties.
 Rather than painting directly onto the nails, I wanted to rise to the challenge of trying to make decals. I also did this early in my nail polish experimentation to make some leaves last fall. I started by laying down two coats of LA Colors Basecoat/Topcoat in small blobs on a sandwich bag. I let that dry for about two hours. Then, using a variety of colors, I painted small stars and the kitties! I painted my nails with Sinful Colors Black on Black.
 The stars were done in Sinful Colors Jolt, Spoiled Correction Tape, and Color Club Twiggie. The cats were a full rainbow of colors!
Yellow cat: SpaRitual Enlightened Soul, tail and paws in Sally Hansen Orange Impulse, belly in Spoiled Correction Tape, stripes in Sinful Colors Black on Black.
Blue Cat: Wet n Wild Teal Slowly and See, Sinful Colors JoltSpoiled Correction Tape.
Pink Cat: CQ Pink, Color Club Blushing Rose, and an unnamed magenta Color Zone polish
Purple Cat: Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac, Color Club Pucci-licious, Spoiled Correction Tape
Orange Cat: Sally Hansen Orange Impulse, Sinful Colors Gogo Girl, SpaRitual Enlightened Soul

Eyes were added using  my smallest dotting tool and Spoiled Correction tape. I then added noses in Sinful Colors Black on Black with the same tool, followed by adding pupils with the tip of a needle. After the decals were fully dry I peeled them off the sandwich bag and stuck them on my nails. One coat of Seche Vite later, and the edges of the decals aren't visible! Unfortunately, the shine made it really hard to take good photos. I mattified slightly with the Fantasy Makers Glow in the Dark polish to see if that would help.

Colors Used;
Sinful Colors Black on Black
 Spoiled Correction Tape
Sinful Colors Jolt
Color Club Twiggie
SpaRitual Enlightened Soul
Sally Hansen Orange Impulse
Wet n Wild Teal Slowly and See
CQ Pink
 Color Club Blushing Rose
  Color Zone Magenta
 Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac
 Color Club Pucci-licious
Sinful Colors Gogo Girl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...