Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Oh, We're Off to See The Wizard!


 Wizard of Oz nails! I decided to go with a more literal interpretation of the movie, and I think it turned out rather fun! These photos were taken without topcoat, so that the glare wouldn't obscure the details.

 I started out with a base of ORLY Snowcone (I swear, I'm addicted to that polish). I added a slight gradient to the sky using Sally Hansen Breezy Blue. I then added the grass to each nail by sponging on Sinful Colors Exotic Green.  I sponged on small clouds in Sinful Colors Snow Me White.
 For the thumb nail, I tried to recreate the start of the yellow brick road using SpaRitual Enlightened Soul and OPI Call Me Gwen-ever. The house was done with acrylic paints in various shades of brown. I added the witch's legs with Sinful Colors Snow Me White and Sinful Colors Black on Black, with the slippers done in Salon Perfect He's With Me.
 My index nail was done using more Enlightened Soul for the yellow brick road. I used more brown acrylic paint for the browns in the Lion and the Scarecrow, as well as the hair and skin for Dorothy. I painted her dress using a toothpick and speckled blue ORLY Snowcone over Sinful Colors Snow Me White. The Tin Man was done using Wet n Wild Metallica over Black on Black.

The poppies on my middle finger were done in OPI Call Me Gwen-ever and ORLY Red Flare.

For my ring nail, I painted the Emerald City with more Exotic Green paired with bright Color Club Twiggie.

The final touch was adding a rainbow across all of my nails. I used acetone to water down my polishes on a small brush and give them a slightly translucent look. The rainbow was done in ORLY #816 (purple), Sinful Colors Jolt (blue), Color Club Twiggie (green), SpaRitual Enlightened Soul (yellow), Sinful Colors Cloud 9 (orange), and ORLY Red Flare (...red).
Colors Used:
ORLY Snowcone
 Sally Hansen Breezy Blue
 Sinful Colors Exotic Green
 Sinful Colors Snow Me White
 SpaRitual Enlightened Soul
OPI Call Me Gwen-ever
Sinful Colors Black on Black
 Salon Perfect He's With Me
Wet n Wild Metallica
ORLY Red Flare
Color Club Twiggie
ORLY #816
Sinful Colors Jolt
Sinful Colors Cloud 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...