Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Autumn Watercolor

 The idea behind this design was to make it look like layered watercolors. I thought about using stamping, but decided to try hand painting instead.
 I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, then added one light coat of Wet n Wild 2% Milk for a subtle cream tone. I then used a small brush and Sinful Colors Poudre to add light leaves and some vague color blobs across my nails.
 Next, I added touches of acetone-watered down Sinful Colors Exotic Green. I did want to focus on the warm colors, so I didn't use much green. Then, I added bright leaves in Sally Hansen Orange Impulse.
 I then added a highlight of SpaRitual Enlightened Soul near the tips of each nail. The last color I used was a mix of Sinful Colors Coffee and more Sally Hansen Orange Impulse. I didn't want to use Coffee alone, because I wanted it slightly warmer knowing that the acetone was going to dilute the color a bit.

Mixing it up a little this week by taking some in-progress pictures! I'll try to get better about doing that...

 Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
 Wet n Wild 2% Milk
 Sinful Colors Poudre
Sinful Colors Exotic Green
Sally Hansen Orange Impulse
SpaRitual Enlightened Soul
Sinful Colors Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...