Thursday, June 27, 2013

Blue Stripes

Back to blue nails! I was challenged to do blue nails with pink sparkles. I cheated a little on the pink, but I love it nonetheless!
 I started out with a layer of China Glaze Flying Dragon, which surprised me by being a lovely matte polish. It's a dark fuchsia/purple polish with blue and pink microglitter. After that dried, I used striping tape to block off diagonal sections. I chose three blues that I thought worked well together, and painted them in a gradient series. From darkest to lightest: SpaRitual Undercurrent, Revlon First Class, and ORLY Snowcone. All three are amazing (though I might be biased due to my love of blues)


 After the polish dried, I used a prismatic flakie glitter, Color Club Snow Flakes. It tends toward a rose red/pink effect when looked at directly, but shifts all the way from cyan to red as the observed angle changes. Photos can't do the effect justice, but I tried to catch some of the color shift.


 Colors Used:
China Glaze Flying Dragon
SpaRitual Undercurrent
Revlon First Class
ORLY Snowcone
Color Club Snow Flakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...