Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sparkling Stamped Swirlies

 First off, I am in love with Pueen's stamping plates. My other stamping plates are a 2012 Bundle Monster set, before they went to the larger sizes, and I've had difficulty getting designs to transfer and getting them to fit on my nails. I love the larger size of Pueen's designs (though to be fair I haven't tried larger sized versions of any other brands) and it seems I'm much more successful at picking up whatever design in whatever polish I want. I also love the cute little case the stamping plates come in!
 Anywho, this is a fun swirly design from plate PUEEN37. Another nice thing about the designs being larger is that I can select different portions of the design for each nail, so it doesn't look quite as repetitive. I smooged the stamping on a few fingers, but not too badly. For the base I used CQ Honey, which is an awesome subdued yellow creme. To make it less of a headache I used China Glaze White on White first before I added the yellow, since it was a little streaky and I didn't feel like doing four coats of yellow.

 For the stamping I used Sinful Colors Captivate Me, which is amazing. It's a magnetic magenta/purple polish with the neatest rainbow microglitter scattered throughout. I tried to catch some of the glitter effect on the nails, but it's frustratingly hard to get all the colors to photograph apparently. So have a bottle shot instead!
 Colors Used:
CQ Honey
China Glaze White on White
Sinful Colors Captivate Me
PUEEN37

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Love the colour you used for stamping. I have trouble getting plates with designs big enough too... Sucks! Why can't they just make them bigger?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad that the new trend is for bigger stamping plate designs, at least! My nails are even on the shorter side; it has to be such a pain for people with longer nails.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...