Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Brown and Beautiful

 These were done without a plan in mind, and I enjoy them! Seems some of my best nail art comes when I just do whatever I'm in the mood to do. I wanted to do some brown nails, so I pulled out my favorite brown, ORLY Dating the Drummer. It is very hard to photograph, but this polish has the tiniest blue and pink microglitter mixed throughout. I decided to compliment that with a subtle glitter gradient of Nicole by OPI Just Busta Mauve, which is a brown/blue/pink glitter. It matches nearly perfectly! I started the glitter at the cuticle of each nail and just brushed it out with the bottle brush.

I then thought there was some extra shnazz missing, so I pulled out my stamping plates. I used a blue flower design on each nail, with a grassy larger design on the thumb. I followed that with gold bug designs, which include butterflies, a dragonfly, and a ladybug.




Colors Used:
Sephora Dating the Drummer
Nicole by OPI Just Busta Mauve
China Glaze Blue Bells Ring
Milani Signature Gold
Pueen 02, 39,46

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I'm surprised at how much I like the blue on the brown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've always liked brown and blue as a combination, but it's one of those that doesn't seem like it would work until you actually put them together.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...