Monday, June 24, 2013

Bridesmaid Bling

 My brother's wedding was last week, and it was really nice. I was a bridesmaid, and I decided to use the excuse to do super over the top sparkly nails! I think they turned out fairly well, though they looked the best from a little bit of a distance:
 I started off with a single layer of Sally Hansen Bliss followed by Orly Honeymoon in Style, a pink/gold microglitter. Once that was dry, I used China Glaze White on White to do french tips on all of my nails. I decided I wanted to do an asymmetric shape, but I wanted a base guideline to follow.

 The bridesmaid dress color was a bright blue/teal. The color that actually best matched it was a Blue Cross nameless 'Color Zone' polish that was a bit too watery. So instead, I started out applying two layers of Sinful Colors Savage, which is a matte teal polish. I topped that off with that nameless Color Zone to brighten the teal. The design was then refined with nail art brushes in white and silver. Because that obviously wasn't shiny enough, I used Milani Blue Flash on the last section of the tips.

 I used Swarovski flat backed gems from the craft store, which are a little oversized for most nail art use, but they were fun and shiny and matched the color scheme. And they managed to stay on the whole night!

Colors Used:
Sally Hansen Bliss
ORLY Honeymoon in Style
Sinful Colors Savage
Color Zone (Nameless teal/blue)
Milani Blue Flash
KISS Nail Art White
KISS Nail Art Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...