Sunday, June 30, 2013

Party Party!


 My birthday was this past Saturday! I wanted to do something silly and fun to celebrate, and this was the result of just being ridiculous. I started with a base of three coats of Maybelline Drops of Jade, which is an amazing teal with black and white matte glitter in various sizes. After that was dry, I used some striping tape to block off some triangles. I then attacked with textured polish! I'm addicted to textured polish, I swear.

Pairing textured and glossy polishes is interesting! I've been wanting to pair up the shimmer and matte textured polishes, so this was a good opportunity. I find myself tempted to repeat the textured polish portion on a white or black base.



Colors Used:
Maybelline Color Show Drops of Jade
Sally Hansen Sugar Fix (White)
Icing Sand Dollar (Silver)
Sally Hansen Gummy Grape (Purple)
JulieG Crushed Candy (Purple Shimmer)
Sally Hansen Razzleberry (Blue)
JulieG Blueberry Fizz (Blue Shimmer)
Sally Hansen Sweetie (Yellow)
JulieG Tangerine Dream (Yellow shimmer)
Sally Hansen Red Velvet (Red)
JulieG Hot Cinnamon (Red shimmer)
Milani Aqua Splash (Teal spots)

1 comment:

  1. This is ridiculously awesome. It reminds me of spray paint and paint splatters on concrete. I am also in love with textured polishes, so I hear you on that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...