Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cookies n' Cream

 This turned out classier than I had anticipated! Strangely enough, it was loosely inspired by a dessert! I was making a dessert with oreo crumbs, which I put into navy blue cups decorated with silver designs. Yeah, apparently inspiration comes from really odd sources sometimes...

I originally had planned on the 'cookie' part being more brown, so I put down two coats of Revlon Trade Winds, which is a nice nude color. I scrapped that idea later on, but a little of the light tan shows through under the light gray. I then painted Sonia Kashuk Taunting Teal over the top 3/4 of each nail. I didn't bother taping, I just painted straight across. Then, using a small brush, I painted the last 1/4 with Icing Choco Chip. I cleaned up the transition between the two colors with a line of black nail art polish.
 After all that, I decided to decorate a little more. I wanted to try out my silver Sally Hansen nail art pen, so I doodled on silver flowers. On each ring nail, I added a nail art diamond to the center of the flower.

As a last experiment, I stamped on a section of matte top coat in a swooshy design to the tips of my thumb, middle, and pinky nails. Matte top coat dries super fast, so there was a little trial and error involved with stamping. I love the effect though, I'm going to have to do a matte stamp experiment again!

Colors Used:
Sonia Kashuk Taunting Teal
Icing Choco Chip
KISS nail art Black
Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen Silver
Icing It's a Matte World

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...