Monday, June 17, 2013

Superman!

 I am a fan of superheroes, so I am loving that apparently we are in the Age of Superhero Movies. Superman is one of my top favorite superheroes, so of course I had to do nails to celebrate the new movie. I wanted to do something for the new costume, trying to replicate the textured effect with the darker colors.

 I first put down a layer of Sonia Kashuk Taunting Teal (Seriously, I need to get away from my addiction to this color) on my thumb, middle, and ring fingers. On my index and pinky nails I used NYC Velvet Rope, which is a dark red. Once those were dry, I stamped on a dotted pattern from Pueen. For the blues, I used Milani Sail Away, and for the reds I used Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar.
 I then used both NYC Velvet Rope and Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar to make the S-shield. I did the yellow sections with two layers of Nail Fetish California Love, which is a pale yellow. I then shnazzed it up a bit with a light dusting of OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke, so the gold really pops. The effect turned out really neat, and didn't get captured as well on these photos.
 Finally, I added an exaggerated M-shape to the base of each index and pinky nail, to emulate the top of the boots. I filled in the base side with more Taunting Teal and dots of Sail Away. On my right middle finger I tried to emulate his belt design.

Colors Used:
Sonia Kashuk Taunting Teal
NYC Velvet Rope
Milani Sail Away
Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar
Nail Fetish California Love
OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke!
Pueen 06

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Eee, thank you! Totally want to do more superhero nails now. Woohoo!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...