Thursday, June 27, 2013

Red, White, and Blue


 I think these came out fairly nice and classy! My white lines didn't come out quite as crisp as I'd like, but they're not unforgivably bad.

 I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar, which is still my go-to red shimmer of choice. The original idea was just to do red polish with a pearl stamp design. The pattern I chose to stamp is a swirly one from Pueen plate 26. I stamped it on using Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl.

 I then decided to try adding a little, so I used striping tape to block off a V shape. I used Nicole by OPI Listen to your Momager since it has a very similar glitter/shimmer quality to Sugar Sugar. I then used a KISS nail art striper in white to further decorate that V shape.


Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar
Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl
Nicole by OPI Listen to your Momager (blue)
Kiss Nail Art White
PUEEN26

4 comments:

  1. I have to wonder why you didn't do a full coat of white and use the striping tape for the v, but I guess you didn't have a solid design in mind when you started? Anyway, I've hand-done striping before and gotten compliments on it, but I always end up staring at it too long and cursing myself for not having perfect lines! Actually I think other people just don't have to stare at it up close like I do. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, if I had thought ahead I would have done striping tape for the white, but this was just built up from the red and white stamping experiment. Normally I'm not so sloppy with the striper either, but my nail art polish is getting a little thick and goopy. Going to have to add a touch of thinner, I think!

      Delete
    2. I think the nail art polishes get thick a lot faster than my regular polishes. :/

      Delete
    3. Also, the recaptcha is ridiculous, it took me four tries to post previous...am I a robot?!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...