Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Flower Power

 This was actually my attempt at one-stroke flowers using acrylic craft paint, but I decided instead to go the slighty cheating route of making spiking mum-like flowers because the mistakes were easier to cover up. Only the white and blue are acrylic paint, the other colors are nail polish.

 I started out with a coat of China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise. I wanted something that would dry fast, and Turned Up Turquoise is a nice matte polish. After that was dry, I grabbed a small flat brush and blue and white craft paint. I dipped each corner of the brush in a different color, then brushed a few strokes on my scrap paper to wipe off the excess. After that, painting on the flowers was a matter of moving the brush in a zig-zagged circular pattern.

I decided to add a few details to the center of each flower using a toothpick. As a final touch, I used a dotting tool to add on small flowers in pink and yellow.



 Colors Used:
China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise
ColorMates Going Rouge
Color Mates Butter Me Up
Blue and white acrylic craft paint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...