Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cat Capers!

 Just because it seemed like fun, I decided to paint my cat Sam on my nails! Of course this isn't the first time I've painted Sam on my nails. Hehe! I decided this time to go a little more on the cartoony side.

 My left hand of course turned out better than my right, but I don't think the difference was too noticeable. I started out with a coat of China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-le. Once that was dry, I painted on half-circles of Sinful Colors Anchors Away at my finger tips. I used a small brush and more of Anchors Away to put on ears and the fluffy tail. I added darker shading and his eyes using Wet n Wild The Clock Strikes Orange. I then used China Glaze White on White to add Sam's white muzzle and paws. Lastly, the darker markings were done using Revlon Espresso and his nose was made with a watered-down touch of Color Mates Going Rouge.

 I used two different sized dotting tools to make the pawprints for my ring nails. It got a little smooged on my right nail, but oh well, the idea is still there!
And here's an obligatory Sam picture!

 Colors Used:
China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le
Sinful Colors Anchors Away
Wet n Wild The Clock Strikes Orange
Revlon Espresso
China Glaze White on White
Color Mates Going Rouge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...