Thursday, July 25, 2013

Frog on a Lilypad


 I do enjoy how this came out! I was challenged to do lily pads with a frog, so how could I pass up such a cute idea?
 I started with two coats of Sonia Kashuk Taunting Teal for the base. I knew most of my bright greens were jelly polishes too thin to show up in one application over the dark base. So I started with a grey-green creme, Revlon After Party. I used a small brush to add on oval blobs in decreasing size. For the largest and 'nearest' pads I worked to make the shape more accurate.

After that was dry, I brushed on Sinful Colors Exotic Green. I didn't use it on all of the leaves, mainly on the larger ones closer to my nail tips. I think it makes them look as if they are fading into the distance.

For the flowers, I used a small brush again with China Glaze White on White. In the center of each I added a touch of Color Mates Butter Me Up, which is a nice bright yellow. 

The frog was done using a mix of brush and toothpick. He was a mashup of polishes mentioned above. I tried to make him cute!

 Colors Used:
Sonia Kashuk Taunting Teal
Revlon After Party
Sinful Colors Exotic Green
China Glaze White on White
Color Mates Butter Me Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...