Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Musical Mayhem!


 I was in the mood to play around with newspaper transfer again, but I love doing it with sheet music. I knew I'd mess up a few times, so I just used my right hand as practice first. It's still passable...ish. Heh!
 I started out with three coats of Nicole by OPI Others Pale by Kim-parison  on my thumb, index, and pinky nails. On my middle and ring fingers I used ORLY Rock the World, which is a very awesome shimmery polish that shifts from purple to mauve to gold. Once the cream was super dry, I pulled out the sheet music and some rubbing alcohol. It takes a lot of pressure to transfer the design correctly, but when it works it is so worth it!

Once the transfer step was complete, I used ORLY Platinum across the tips of those three fingers. I traced the border in a dark gray Shany nail art polish and a gold Sinful Colors nail art polish. I then brushed a diagonal line of Platinum across my middle and ring nails, then also bordered that in dark gray and gold. I actually thought I was finished for a while, but at the last moment I added on some Icing Milky Way across those bands, since it kind of looks like notes! As a final touch, I added a gold treble clef to my thumb nail.

Colors Used:
Nicole by OPI Others Pale by Kim-parison
ORLY Rock the World
ORLY Platinum
Icing Milky Way
Shany Nail Art 17 (dark gray)
Sinful Colors Nail Art Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...