Saturday, July 13, 2013

Handful of Strawberries

Strawberries! I needed to do a fun design to just de-stress.   I thought these turned out rather nicely! It was getting late so I didn't go the full length on the leaves on my right hand, but the idea is still there!

  I started out with two coats of China Glaze Red Satin, which is a nice bold red. It's actually more of a rich red than these photos show, but I couldn't get the true deep red to show up perfectly. I then put on a small amount of Nicole by OPI Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi on the left half of every nail to start developing a highlight. The Nicole polish is a bright tomato red color a few shades brighter than Red Satin, so it worked well!

 The next step involved blotting on spots of Milani Radiant Ruby, to create the seed cavities. After that dried, I used a small dotting tool to add in tiny spots of Spoiled Designated Driver for the seeds. As a last touch, I diluted small amounts of Sinful Colors Poudre with some acetone and then dabbed that on for some highlights.

The leaves were done with Sinful Colors Exotic Green, with small highlights in Sinful Colors High Strung and shadows in NYC Flat Iron Green. I also used small amounts of Milani Radiant Ruby to add more shading under the leaves.


Took closer-to-true pictures under different lighting! I'll try to get some natural light pictures to see if I have better luck tomorrow. 

Colors Used:
China Glaze Red Satin
Nicole by OPI Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi
Milani Radiant Ruby
Spoiled Designated Driver
Sinful Colors Poudre
Sinful Colors Exotic Green
Sinful Colors High Strung
NYC Exotic Green



1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! So much detail, they really do look 3D. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...