Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 17: Moody Half-Moons!


 I am in love with this polish. I happened upon Icing's 50% off clearance items sale a week back, and ended up getting a boatload of awesome $5+ polish for roughly $1 apiece. Whee! This was one I picked up because it was blue and I'm a sucker for blue polish. It doesn't seem to have a name. So yes, Icing's Mood Swing polish. The bottle itself looks like a teal/purple duochrome, but the polish itself loses the purple. One thing that surprised me was the fact that this was a matte polish! No mention appears on the bottle, at least. It could be that all color-change polishes are matte, I'm just not certain.
 Anyway, when warm the polish changes from dark shimmery navy to bright shimmery teal! In this photo, I just dipped two fingers in warm water (hence the shiny nail) to show the effect. The polish used in the half-moons was also an Icing polish I snagged in that sale, a wonderful cool gold called Oh My Gold.

 These last two pictures were taken once I came home after work, while my hands were warm. For being a matte polish, it's surprisingly durable!
And lastly, the bottle. (Papyrus font is attacking, haha!) I'm still surprised so much teal was hiding in that purple/teal mix. Woo!

Colors Used:
Icing Mood Swing (Nameless?)
Icing Oh My Gold
KISS nail art Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...