Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 24: Inspired by Abstract Art!


 This ended up being way more fun than I expected! Today's theme was 'paintings', and since I didn't have the time or energy to do something like Van Gogh or Dali, I decided to look for some abstract art. 
The inspiration: Thorton Willis' piece, Alien (2005).

I didn't have a good cool tan to match that light shade, so I decided to improvise. I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Tantalize, which is a mid gray with a slight shimmer. I then added two coats of Sally Hansen Beige. The beige was a thin enough consistency that it shifted the tone just enough to make me happy. 

I then went to town with striping tape. I tried to mimic different portions of the artwork that I thought were interesting, and I like the end result! Plus, this used colors that were very far from my usual palette, which was exciting!

Colors Used:
Sinful Colors Tantalize
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Beige
Revlon Infamous
Revlon Electric
Revlon Espresso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...