Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 6: Doctor Who!

 So it's a Theme day in my 30 day challenge, and because it's Saturday, of course the theme is Doctor Who! I toyed with the idea of doing a nail for each Doctor and splitting one nail to represent two, but I'm not a huge fan of eclectic non-matchy nails yet. So instead I decided to get inspired by the new TARDIS interior....and proceed to miserably fail at painting Gallifreyan on my nails using a small brush. Oh well! I still like it.




Had way too much fun with the Tardis, too! I used the same periwinkle blue from the base of the other fingers, 'watered' down with a touch of acetone, to make the TARDIS look weathered and shaded. I then used my metal toothpick tool to get the details done. As a last minute touch I decided to use a nail art pearl to act as the light atop the TARDIS.



I actually don't think the Gallifreyan swirls turned out too badly, considering that I was freehanding a bunch of circles and using a brush.



Colors Used: 
Sinful Colors Rain Storm
ColorMates Stormy Weather
China Glaze Want My Bawdy
Spoiled Correction Tape
Wet n Wild Black Creme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...