Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 8: Kitties!

 Woohoo, kitty theme day! The idea for this idea came about because I realized I had yet to create a design I liked based on yellow nails. I'm definitely ready for spring to come, so I decided to make fields of daffodils. For some reason the oranges didn't come out as bright in the photos as they are in real life, but oh well. Started with a base of Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow. I love the color, am a bit iffy on the polish. It may be because my bottle has a rather bad brush, but it was really obnoxiously streaky. Grass was done with China Glaze Con-Fused, which worked really well to create grassy stem textures really easily!


Of course, the cats are my kitties Sam (the orange one) and Jules (the blue and white one). I think they turned out better than my first attempt at painting cats on nails, to say the least! If nothing else, doing crazy things like this is building up my painting skills with my non-dominant left hand.

Colors Used:
Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow
China Glaze Con-Fused?
China Glaze White on White
Wet n Wild Sunny Side
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Sinful Colors Rain Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...