Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 18: Steampunk!



 I went all out with this theme! I love the steampunk aesthetic, so I wanted to do something awesome. With these, I started with a dark brown, then layered in an orange-brown over that.  Bright turquoise was added to make things more dramatic, and possibly also because I love teal. To get the texture effect, I actually cut small portions of a lacy fabric I had sitting around, then fixed it on using Seche Vite. I then grabbed some of my 4mm chain mail jump rings for the details. On the ring finger I added a nail art pearl, and on the middle finger I painted the interiors black to make them appear to be goggles. And on the thumbs I added some corset details. Woo!
 The fabric was less lacy than I probably could have hoped for, but I love the effect of all those hexagons!

Colors Used:
ColorMates Decadence (dark brown)
Revlon Fig Jam (Orange-brown)
China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise 
Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl
Wet n Wild Black Creme
KISS nail art Black

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...