Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 5: Water Spotting


 I've done water marbling quite a few times, and it's actually what got me interested in nail art. But I hadn't yet tried water spotting, so it was a new experience! The actual water spotting itself didn't turn out all that great:

I'm not sure if it was due to the dollar store hand sanitizer mixed with water and put in a dollar store spritzer bottle, or if it was the polish, or if it was actually okay but the blue underneath was too dark to get the effect, or what. It was interesting, though! The spray I used pretty much instantly dried the polish while it was in the water. It was still able to stick to my fingernails, but the remainder just tore like tissue paper and didn't even stick to my skin.

Well, the reason I decided to do black on blue was that I knew I wanted to refine this idea into another: Sodalite nails! I love sodalite, and was even able to locate one of my sodalite stones to compare!





In some fingers you can still see the water spotting, especially in the index finger on my right hand.
  
Colors Used: 
Revlon First Class
Wet n Wild Black Lace Creme
Spoiled Correction Tape
ColorMates Stormy Weather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...