Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 20: Butterflies

 The theme of the day was butterflies, so I decided to try to do butterfly wing nails! I wanted to try to emulate the blue morpho butterfly, but I didn't have a good polish to get all the purty colors exactly right. So I improvised with a three-polish color combo that did the job fairly well. Unfortunately, I couldn't capture it perfectly on camera due to how super shiny and metallic it ended up being! I started with just pure black creme polish, then layered on two coats of Sinful Colors Love Nails, which is a blue-green shimmer that apparently turns more green when over dark colors. I then sponged on a dusting of Pure Ice A List, to create a lighter effect near the tips. Lastly, I added China Glaze Want My Bawdy, which is a a blue-purple shimmer. 
 And because I like doing tiny butterflies, I just put a ton of tiny butterflies in for something different! Predictably, my left hand ended up better than my right, but it's still fun!

Colors Used: 
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Sinful Colors Love Nails
Pure Ice A List
China Glaze Want My Bawdy
Wet n Wild French White Creme


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...