Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Argyle

 Fun with argyle! I've been in a totally matte nails mode lately, haven't I? I can't help it, matte nails are just too awesome to pass up.
 I started these with a base color of ORLY Viridian Vinyl, which is already an awesome matte polish. Once that was dry, I diagrammed out where my diamonds would be for this pattern. It's not super straight, but I didn't feel like striping tape would be worth the effort in this situation. Next, I filled in the middle diamonds with ORLY White Tips. The outer diamonds were colored with a small brush and Maybelline Color Show Midnight Swim, which is a nice navy blue.
 Next, I took a toothpick and some more navy blue and added the dotted lines, with a touch of white where it crossed the navy diamonds. I was in a bit of a hurry, so these dots smeared just a smidge when I added topcoat. However, it really wasn't worth making things worse by trying to fix it, so I just let it be.
Colors Used:
ORLY Viridian Vinyl
ORLY White Tips
Maybelline Color Show Midnight Swim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...